Alice Birney is a school without neighborhood boundaries, meaning that all students enter through the Sacramento City Unified School District Open Enrollment process. The school district sets a date when parents must register students online through the district site (scusd.edu) or by walk-in at Open Enrollment Center (5735 47th Avenue). All specifics around the Open Enrollment process are available on the district web site.
Because our school curriculum and methods of teaching are unique, in addition to participating in the district Open Enrollment process, Alice Birney has criteria that needs to be met to be included in the district lottery.
- Schedule and participate in a school visitation.
- All 3 offered visitations have been held for the 2021 Open Enrollment period. Please check back in September for upcoming offerings.
- Complete an interest form.
- A copy of the most recent report card and assessment scores may be collected.
- Incoming students are expected to have excellent attendance, positive behavior, and a strong academic history.
- Complete SCUSD Open Enrollment application during time frame offered by the district.
- February 2, 2021 at 8am – February 16, 2021 at 5pm was the window for 2021-2022 applications
- Families will be notified by mail or email if their child has been chosen by lottery.
- Enrollment at Alice Birney is not complete until registration occurs at the site level. Specific dates and times will be communicated for registration at the school.
Please note that although siblings living in district boundaries have priority in lottery placement, participation in the district Open Enrollment process is still required for attending Alice Birney.